Minutes of October 4, 2005 NVRC Meeting.
The theme of the meeting might best be described as "running evangelization". Our new President Jerry Steffy is very excited about promoting running. He wants to get more people into running and more runners into active involvement with the Club. Here are some of the things we talked about doing:
- Re-design the Club brochure/application and distribute it more widely, for example at all local sporting goods stores, the Y, all the campus athletic buildings, etc.
- Post the current running calendar from our web site at some of the local sporting goods stores. Update these every couple of months. This also gives more exposure to the Club and our web site.
- Restart the effort to get RDs of the big local races, particularly the campus ones, to communicate their proposed race dates with us early. This will help prevent calendar clutter and will get races the earliest and best exposure.
- Get in touch with some of the other local sporting clubs, especially those that use the trails and roads in the mountains. We already have some contact with the biking groups. There are also supposedly geo-caching and "volksmarching" groups in the area.
- Look into the possibility of occasional small ads in the T&G. Also, piggy-back on ads that go in the CDT and T&G for races like Arts Fest and First Night by making sure our Club web site is prominently plugged.
Finally, Marty said that the email election ballots were overwhelmingly supportive of our slate of officers. Marty was waiting for snail-mail ballots from people who get the paper Newsletter before "certifying" the election. There were no snail-mail ballots submitted. So it's official. Jerry Steffy is our new President. The other officers, Treasurer Dave Eggler, Secretary and Newsletter Editor Marty Mazur, and Membership Director Marty Klanchar, are staying on with your support.
Next Meeting: December 6.