Minutes of April 3, 2001 NVRC Meeting
- Morgan will be putting in an advance order for more singlets. There have already been a few requests, but not enough for the minimum order. She'll go ahead and order the minimum anyway, confident that we'll sell them. If you would like one, email Morgan with your size request. They are $20.
- Our Webmaster Mike Dooris has put a page of links to other running clubs on our web site. We discussed having an FYI page at the web site devoted to commercial and other enterprises who request that we link to them. We would put a "no endorsement" disclaimer on the page. Morgan will contact Mike about this.
- Morgan had flyers for a couple of races: (1) The MS Walk, at various locations on April 22, April 29 and May 6. There will be an MS 10K Run at the Philadelphia Museum of Art on May 6. Details at http://www.walk4ms.org. (2) There will be a Speed-To-Read 5K to benefit the Centre Hall Library on Saturday, June 23, at 9:00 AM at the Grange Fairgrounds in Centre Hall. Details at http://www.geocities.com/speedtoread. I will mail the apps for both of these races to Mike so he can post some info on the web site.
- Steve Bodner discussed some issues regarding the Arts Fest race. They're hoping to avoid a re-route around some construction on Pollock in front of the HUB. Awards this year: cool looking pottery. Also, results will be compiled via computer chip again this year.
- Dave Eggler was toasted as volunteer of the year. We discussed the Dave Quilt Project: making a giant quilt out of some of his 450,621 race shirts. (These do not include the ventilated specials he has at Rec Hall.)
- Finally: Don't forget the first big 5K of the year: The Coaches vs. Cancer 5K this Saturday on the PSU campus. Start and finish is at the IM Building. Registration opens at 8:30. Start time: 10 AM. Tom Cali will roll out of his car with one shoe on and $15 reg fee in his mouth at 9:59:59. Will end up winning his age group.