Nittany Valley Half-Marathon and historical information for the Nittany Valley Marathon
"You have redefined the meaning of 'somewhat challeging'." ---Jerry Heinz
"It's a very tough course, especially after about mile 7. The last mile is designed to make you see God." ---Marty Mazur
"I was looking for God during the last mile, but I didn't see him. I guess he finished ahead of me too."
--- Albert Mabus, last male finisher at the 2001 NVHM
2013 Race: The 30th Annual Nittany Valley Half-Marathon will be held on Sunday, December 8, 2013 at 10AM. Registration is available at active.com.
Nittany Valley Marathon Results from previous years:
|Summary of Nittany Valley Marathon Winners||Gallery of Race Shirts|
|Year By Year Results|
Nittany Valley Half-Marathon Results from previous years:
|Summary of Nittany Valley Half-Marathon Winners||Gallery of Race Shirts|
|Year By Year Results|
- Course Description, Map, and Elevation Profile from the NVRC Maps Pages.
- Men's Event Record: 1984, Bill Reifsnyder, 1:07:07
Men's Present Course Record: 2006, Nathan Harkins, 1:11:34
Women's Event and Course Record: 2011, Rebecca Donaghue, 1:17:25
- A back-of-the-envelope Half-Marathon training program.
- Race Day Helpful Hints For Middle-of-the Pack Half-Marathoners.
- NVHM T-Shirts Through The Years New!
- Time vs. Age Plots from the 1993-1997 Races A few years ago, Dave Boger compiled all of the times, genders, and ages that he had from the 1993-1997 races and graphed them. The graph shows all of the data, along with a least-squares-generated second-order polynomial fit, representing time averages for each gender by age. Granted, there's quite a bit of scatter, but Dave thought the result was interesting anyway.
- Runner's Gazette story on the 'unseasonably cold' 2000 Nittany Valley Half-Marathon (by Morgan Wasikons).
- The weather for the Half can be anything from summer-like (1998) to brutally hibernal. See the Winners Summary page for a complete weather history. Troy Klinger, won the 1992 race in 1:16:28, and may at times have thought he was the only person on the course due to white-out conditions. He offers this recollection:
The Nittany Valley Half-Marathon pages were developed by Dave Boger during his tenure as Race Director for the Half. We're happy to carry forward his fine web page design.