The main topic of discussion was the upcoming Art's Fest Race. Here were the main points:
- Steve Bodner and Mike Casper filled us in on the status of Art's Fest race preparation.
- The T-shirt design this year, by Lanny Sommese, is really cool. It is being printed by Collegiate Pride.
- Overall winners will receive commemorative plates. Age group winners will get mugs. Other prizes will include Art's Festival gift certificates,
redeemable this year or next at any exhibiting artist's booth.
- Online registration is available this year at active.com
- 45 runners have pre-registered so far. No one knew how this compared to previous years at the same time.
- Steve and Mike need some more volunteers for water stops and intersections.
Marty Mazur gave a brief report on progress with October's Knights of Columbus Race:
- Application is done. Marty will provide Mike and Steve with some to distribute in Art's Fest race packets.
- The race has been approved by the SC Borough.
- We have $200 sponsorships lined up already from the Knights and from Tom Cali. Others are in the works.
- Mike Casper will put together a 1/3 sheet card brochure on the club for distribution at the Centre County Convention and Visitors Center.
- Marty will poll the listserve for opinions on this year's summer picnic.
Next meeting: Thursday, August 9. Note that it's a Thursday again to avoid conflict with the last All-Comer's Meet.
Martin A. Mazur ....................http://www.personal.psu.edu/mxm14/