Written by Dave DeGroote Dave DeGroote
The blog layouts on the site are ordered by date, but one article is forced to always display first. This is done using a kludge so I'm documenting it here:
- The main article has it's date set to the far future, currently the year 2030.
- The global blog layouts are set to:
- Order articles with the most recent first:
- Article Manager / Options / Shared Options / Article Order / "Most recent first"
- Use the creation date to order articles:
- Article Manager / Options / Shared Options / Date for Ordering / "Created"
- The menu and article order and date parameters are set to "Use Global"
- edit menu item with "Category Blog" type
- Blog Layout Options / Category Order / "Use Global"
- Blog Layout Options / Date for Ordering / "Use Global"